Friday, July 8, 2011

22 has come and gone and now we're 23 weeks!

The month of June has kept us quite busy. For two weeks we pretty much had back to back visitors. We enjoyed every minute of it, but now we are taking the next month to rest and get ready for our beach trip.

One of the visitors was my sister Jess with her two little boys. We were able to go register at Babies R Us (well, the best we could with 2 little ones) and had some good hang time together. It is always good to get some sister time but I wish it could be more frequent.


Rusty got to have some time with our 4 year old nephew (as of today). He took Brody out on an "adventure". This seems to be a tradition that Rusty is creating with the little ones. An "adventure" can be something as simple as going to the park, a science center, or in Brody's case, letting him mow the lawn (a nonelectric, push mower) at a friends house. Brody thought it was the best thing! I think Brody really enjoyed his time with his uncle. After Rusty took this video, Brody yelled "that was awesome!".
Yeah, I would say he had fun:)

              Happy birthday Brody! We love you and are so thankful to have you in our lives!! Wish we could help you eat some spiderman cake!!

As we enter into our 23rd week, this takes on a whole different meaning to me than most mothers. I can look around our unit and see what our little one looks like; 23 weeks is the point where hospitals will actually do something if you were to go into premature labor. I have to say that through my 6 years of doing this profession, many babies and their families are flooding my mind. I am overwhelmed with emotions by what they were experiencing. I've really only been able to pray for them and any trials that they are enduring.

22 weeks


23 weeks

My belly is growing each day. I have officially moved into maternity clothes. The belly band is no longer worker for my regular jeans! Although I have gotten some unique comments, I love this growing belly. And the sweet kicks everyday are such a good reminder of God's amazing love for us.

When I started this post I was 23 weeks pregnant. We'll now I am 24 6/7 weeks. I have once again failed on getting a 24 week picture/post but will be posting in the next day or two with our 25 week picture! This weekend we hope to get the baby's room started; finishing up odds and ends and moving everything out that isn't going to be in there to make a blank canvas. Needless to say I still have NO idea about colors or designs. I guess I need to get started because whether I'm ready or not, this little one is coming in 4 months!!

2 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful combination of 22 & 23 weeks; love how you included practicing your parenting with Brody (hysterical)! You & Rusty are always so great at including family! I love seeing these pictures of your baby growing...I love this baby G already & can't wait to meet this precious little one. As you wait patiently for your little one God is blessing you & baby. He is timeless. For the time at hand is a 'protective growing time' for this precious little one. Thanks for sharing your experiences of this special journey. Love you 'more' mommee

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY!!! It's amazing how different ur belly looks b/w 22 & 23 wks! It's cRaZy that ur only 15 wks away from mtg that sweet baby! Thinking of u guys daily! Love u!

    ReplyDelete