So I am amazed at people that have children and can keep up their blogs. I haven't mastered that talent yet...
We've been getting ready for Thanksgiving this year at our house. We'll have Rusty's sister and niece along with some friends that are in town. I'll be sure to post some of our "firsts"; it being our first to host a holiday.
Rusty's family came in for a week long visit. It was amazing how quickly the time went by. We enjoyed having Rusty's parents here and were such a HUGE help. Rett got some great quality time with Poppy and Grammy.
 |
| Rett got to meet his cousins from VA for the first time. |
 |
| Naturals... |
 |
| We bleed a little redneck around here. |
 |
| A wonderful family dinner. |
 |
| This picture cracks me up! |
Rett is growing so much. He unfortunately had his first cold a couple of weeks ago; but was such a sport during it all. I took him to the doctor, who reassured that it was not in his lungs and mostly upper airway. I have to say that being a NICU nurse I am not afraid of the bulb syringe and I got the task done quickly when needed. He weighed 9 lbs 15oz. I can't believe how much he has grown of the past couple of weeks. He is going to be 6 weeks old tomorrow!
Rett transitioned into his own crib which has helped mommy and daddy sleep a little bit better. At a month, I knew that it was necessary. He sleeps anywhere between 2 to 4 hours. Those midnight feedings are just the sweetest time a mommy has with her baby. I just love that little guy!
 |
| 1 month old! |
 |
| Add caption |
Rett has also been cooing and smiling! He is becoming more alert and focusing on objects and people. He loves his tummy time and can momentarily hold his head up!
 |
| Toby is still adjusting... he thinks all these toys are for him! |
 |
| Goodbye to a season... |
Rusty and I have had an answer to prayers by me being offered part time at work. I go back to work the first week of February and only have to work 1 day every other week. What a true blessing... to be able to be home with my baby and to do the work the Lord has called me to do. I unfortunately had to say goodbye to transport, which I have done for about 8 months. I have loved my position as a transport nurse but knew that this wasn't the best option for my family at this time. I hope to go back into the transport role once my family time allows. But until then, this is my priority...
Happy cooking and happy sleep!
ahhhh love these pics! so so so sad he is 6 weeks and i haven't held that sweet thing! can't wait to meet him : ) happy thanksgiving....i understand; lots of cooking here today as well! love you and thankful for you as well!
ReplyDeleteoh and love the belly sleeping by the way : )
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! Love that Lil Guy! Wish we all could have been together today. Love u guys!
ReplyDelete