Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy 60th Birthday Mom!!

Today is mom's 60th birthday. Mom is not your typical 60 year old... she is VERY active, full of life, and so energetic. As she says 60 is the new 30's.

Last weekend we had a rare joy of having my mom and 2 sisters here in Nashville for a girl's weekend celebration. It was such a special treat. We went walking at radnor, got pedicures, went shopping, and of course had some great desserts! It was a rare time for all of us to gather together with no husbands or babies. It's funny how when you grow older how much you really crave that. I guess with me being the youngest, I REALLY crave that special time with just my sisters and mom. I love my brothers, but every girl just needs some sister time:)

Although I don't have any pictures of this past weekend (my sister is always so much better at that than I am), it was truly a gift that was not just for my mom.


Happy 60th birthday mom! We are so thankful for you and all that you do!

2 comments:

  1. yes, happy happy : ) and i posted our pics on my blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your heartfelt note on your special baby blog; i love/loved every minute of being with my daughters....the most important thing in life is family/relationships/time for more & more of these; it's 'tough' out there, so is it not better for those of us in our closest circle to companion each other in love,support, encouragement,and laughter together at the ironies of life? I'm grateful beyond words for all of us and the moments we can spend together are some of the priceless blessings in my life; thank you & Rusty for encouragement on a challenging day. Romans 8:28. I love you.

    ReplyDelete